Sunday, March 09, 2008

Vancouver?

I've been thinking of moving to Vancouver. My sister lives down there, and I miss her, and I could really use the change of pace and scenery. She has an apartment down there, which we always call here $500 a month storage locker, because she spends most of her time over at her boyfriends house, and basically is just keeping the apartment to keep all her crap in, because his place is just as tiny as hers, but with more walls. They are finally going to be officially moving in with each other when his lease is up too, which will be nice. So for right now, I have a place to live.

The job market down there is also a lot better than it is here. There are lots of warehouse jobs and such, things that I would be interested (good) at doing.

And because my sister has been down there for a couple of years now, she has a good network of friends, that I will get along with too, seeing as half the friends I have now, were hers to begin with. We always end up hanging around the same type of people, which the same morals, values, and such. So much so, that all of our friends get along with each other too. We can through a party and invite all of our friends that don't know each other, and it's pretty guaranteed that a lot of them will leave with some new found friends.

The only things really holding me from running down there right now are:
My boyfriend, the comfort of my best friends, the comfort and inexpenses of living at home, and the fact that I love this little town that I grew up in and don't necissarily want to leave it.

My best friends will understand and support me no matter what I do (that's why they're my BEST freinds), I have lived on my own before and do enjoy it, and my sister will help me by paying the rent on her place until she moves, and I could always move back home after gaining some more experiences.

The boyfriend issue is a little more complex. I have to talk to him about whether or not he even wants to continue the relationship, much less change it to a long distance one, or try to convince him to move down there too. It would give him more job opportunities too, and there is always the option of moving back.

There is still a lot of things that need to be thought about, talked about, and ironed out before I can make any final decisions though....

No comments: