Saturday, June 13, 2009

Delays for Dollars

So, I was originally planning on moving to the Calgary area the end of May to try to get a full time Nanny job and get my Early Childhood Education (ECE) part time starting in the fall. But then it was pushed back to the end of June so that I could continue to watch my current little munchkins until school was out.

Now, I'm incredibly poor, and someone finally called about the poster I had put up at my corner store in May. So now I'm staying until end of July, or so, because I need money to pay bills, and I haven't lined up a job in AB yet.

I've been excited about moving to Calgary, but also naturally scared that it isn't going to work out like I planned and I'll end up moving back home again. I'm hoping that starting off staying with my cousins will give me a better foot hold, and also a chance to spend some time with my quickly maturing teenage cousins. Although, they are going to be out at Mara Lake all summer, which is far closer to Kamloops, and makes me jealous because I wish I could be out there instead.

The good thing about staying is that means I'm not missing out on another Kamloops summer. I love summers here. And I can still indulge on all the fresh fruit and veggies growing in our garden, which I missed out on last year :(

No comments: