Sunday, March 02, 2008

How does one "Scrapbook"?

I've fought the urge to join the millions and millions of "Scrapbookers" a billion times. Everytime I walk into a craft store I am bombarded with pretty papers, scissers, accessories, and cases. Yes, thousands of cases to keeps all your pretty little papers in. I've wanted to try it, but do I really have the time? Can I be creative enough to arrange pictures and paper cuttings in such a fashion that it looks fashionable, yet uncluttered? I really don't know. Hence why I've avoided it so far.

It is an expensive hobby. Not the most expensive I'm sure, but definitly one of the ones that will have you buying loads of stuff that you use once, give up and toss in a cupboard for "when you have more time".

My house is filled with suck things. My mom sewed our clothes when we were younger. We did tonnes of crafts as kids, and then as time goes on, things other than cutting and glue paper become more exciting.

I recently just spent an hour in our "sewing room" (which has now become more of a "throw your junk in here" room) just throwing out stuff that we will never use. Old patterns, old fabrics. Alot of zippers of many very ugly and useless colors and lengths. When am I ever going to need a 50" beige zipper? Never!! I tossed alot of stuff that was probably about as old as I am, some of it passed on down from my grandma. I filled a green garbage bag. I'm not even close to being done.

And all just so that I could get a filing cabinet. Well, so that I could clear a path to the other cupboard that my dad will use to hold his printer, and then I can take the filing cabinet that he is currently using for that purpose. He still hasn't gotten around to that. Procrastination and clutter collecting runs in our family....

No comments: